For those who enjoy the sport and the social activities associated with it
Lawn tennis was probably played on the present main ground very soon after the Club obtained its lease from Government in 1905, making it one of the original sports. Tennis, of course, had to vie with cricket and could not be played when a cricket match was in progress. A nearby ground by Carnarvon Road used by the Wig-Wam Tennis Club became more or less the alternate Tennis Section of the KCC. Under its President J R Capell, father of the KCC President R S Capell (1962-1967), it amalgamated with the KCC around 1915, according to R S Capell.