Billiards & Snooker
A cut above the rest
Early competition records would indicate that the KCC has had a billiard room since the early 1930’s. In 1957 Undefeated World Billiard Champion Walter Lindrum played an exhibition billiard game at the KCC. By the early 1980s the Billiard Room had become known as the Snooker Room due to the huge world interest in Snooker. In 1984 Convenor Peter Austin renamed the Snooker Room “The Sanctuary” as many patrons sought refuge there from daily realities. On its move down to the Club’s basement the two old Riley tables were replaced by three BCE Westbury Professional Steel Block Snooker Tables which are to this day well maintained. The Sanctuary hosts several internal competitions each year covering snooker, volunteer snooker and billiard tournaments and as well has several annual inter-club matches. Patrons and guests are requested to abide by the Rules. Guests may, under direct supervision of their host, play at the sum as detailed by the Club - each per day provided no members are waiting to play.